PhysX (Cellfactor) videos updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PhysX.

Videos were updated. The Cellfactor video is almost completely new, with a bunch of added stuff. Frankly, I don't think blood spurts out of a human's body like that, but thats just...you know...my opinion. Otherwise, dam it looks good.

Oh, by the way, anyone heard about the latest babble in the hardware world? The Ageia PhysX PPU is reducing the FPS in Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, not raising it. Someone over at OCUK Forums tested it.

1st scene without ppu = 46fps
1st scene with ppu = 30fps

2nd scene without ppu = 34 fps
2nd scene with ppu = 24 fps

The screenshots were unimpressive also. Looks like GRAW's makers decided at the last minute to create som fancy effects when things blow up and offload them to the PPU, than to actually calculate the realistic physics of the game, hopefully this changes in the future. Right now, they're just giving the GPU even more to render. At the moment, I feel for those that bought this $300 Game Decelerator.

wow thats weird...lowering the fps?

interesting...

Im not completly sold...I like the idea, but Id love to see test results and such...

Thanks Green, good find :)

that looks so poor, i was watching the comparison vids, and i was impresssed with the left side one, then realised that wasnt the physix one

Not until late in May, no.

I guess you could get a $1200 Dell XPS 600 with a PhysX card and take the card out, but I'm not sure you'd want to pay $1200 for the card. :wooha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom