X2 or not to X2 THAT is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you already made up your mind, but dual core is the way to go. I currently build computers for some of my friends and I offer dual-core only so they don't come back to me in 2 months and get ****ed that I got them a single core.

The $100 difference may seem a little harsh right now, but in a year, or even half a year, you will be seeing games and programs that take advantage of dual core! It's worth it!

well in a year or half a year... there will probably be 65 nm amd dual cores... while amd has they're conroe.... oh how technology sucks... idon't want to have to upgrade to be up top.... guess i'll stay in the middle :(

NosBoost300 said:
well in a year or half a year... there will probably be 65 nm amd dual cores... while amd has they're conroe.... oh how technology sucks... idon't want to have to upgrade to be up top.... guess i'll stay in the middle :(

Umm AMD doesn't have the Conroe.. The Conroe is Intel's. Sorry to correct you on something so small (or it could be big), but I thought you should have your facts straight.

NosBoost300 said:

Hah, shows what you know about processors. I'd say you should go learn more before you starting arguing with me about whether the GPU keeps up with the CPU or not.

I would opt for dual core, personally, knowing that more and more multi-threaded games are coming out. A really fast single-core is good too, don't get me wrong, but I like to plan ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom