Which Type of Windows comes with new pc's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie578

In Runtime
My uncle has a HP pc with Windows XP Home Edition. The pc was unplugged while it was on and now he is trying to repair it with the instalation disc, which he does not have. I can get one for him, but i need to know which type will work (Retail, OEM, or VLM).

on most HP PC's theres a System Recovery built-in or unless you buy some for £25 ( $45 USD ) over the phone. try pressing F12 key when it boots up, then do a full system recovery thats if it has the option for system recovery...i know myself because im on a HP Pavilion A608.uk Desktop

I gave my uncle a win xp pro cd at first and his 2 options in the "repair windows" feature and the choices were MiniNT and i864 (taht number that windoes uses), So i gave him home edition thinking taht with that he wiould get a "windows xp" choice. And the express recovery thing (F12) tries to do a windows xp system restore. What does this recovery CD do? Any suggestions on how he can get windows back up and running

Biggie578 said:
I gave my uncle a win xp pro cd at first and his 2 options in the "repair windows" feature and the choices were MiniNT and i864 (taht number that windoes uses), So i gave him home edition thinking taht with that he wiould get a "windows xp" choice. And the express recovery thing (F12) tries to do a windows xp system restore. What does this recovery CD do? Any suggestions on how he can get windows back up and running

do the restore

if you do a repair-install, no.

though I would first try doing a system restore
press F8 just before Windows loads
if you see a list, choose "last known good configuration"

his 2 options in the "repair windows" feature and the choices were MiniNT and i864 (taht number that windoes uses), Is one of them windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom