RAM Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the DDR400 version (ones with red heatspreaders) would do better. It has much better timings. But I do not overclock, so a second opinion would be good.

I've only had experience with PC3200 RAM...but I have the exact same G. Skill DDR400 RAM with the red heat spreaders and I got them to 240mhz with stock timings on 3.0v .....Prime95 for 12 hours no problems

Check out crucial.com and follow their RAM guide thingy. You put in your Mobo details and they find RAM to suit it. Plus crucial are **** good anyway...

faster speed will make up for higher latency only if u utilize that faster speed, keep in mind that a PC 3200+ will be downclocked to 200MHz.......so the only way you will utilize those higher clocks is if u OC ur CPU to 250 or more. if ur gonna do more than 250 FSB (if ur getting PC 4000) then ur gonna need to either increase voltage on the RAM or set a mem Divider.

k how bout, that is a high price, and u can get better performance out of the G.SKill Extreme 2X1GB dual channel PC 4000.

john3 said:
k how bout, that is a high price, and u can get better performance out of the G.SKill Extreme 2X1GB dual channel PC 4000.

even though the g.skill has slower latencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom