Oblivion Troubles Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
EVERYONE who has oblivion speaks well of it. But there are a few technical aspects I'm confused with. Nvidia's SLI "Show GPU load balancing" does not display like it does on all other games and I have to set the terrain distance down about 75% for the framerates to reach 30+.
Now don't think of me as concieted, but I'd say I have a pretty **** kick *** machine. Why should I have to lower several settings in this one particular game (everything else (ex. quake 4) i can have the settings almost all the way up and have reasonable framerates(higher than 30...)). It's almost like SLI isn't kicking in or something in Oblivion.

Oblivion runs like crap at highest settings on almost all machines. You run it far better with SLI though than most people with single cards do.

hey.it is a pretty hungry game graphics wise. but your doin quite well. with my 79000gtx delivers on average 30fps outside with everthing on high and around 60+ indoors.

keep your view distance and distant lands 100% but trim some of the other pointless settings, you will double your fps.

I'm running a 7800gs and I get playable rates outside with max view + distant lands. Turning those off makes 1/2 the game world disappear, not worth it. Kill AA and lower your res.

I have a friend who had this, pasting a section of the discussion from our board

round about midnight when i was gettin alittle bit bored, i played around with the nvidia control panel and found an TES 4:Oblivion option in the graphics settings. from there i could enable sli. thats when i could play with everything on high, and i realised this is the most beautiful and immersive game iv ever played.

So there you have an idea, worth a try if you havent already ;)

Shouldnt have to settle for less then max settings, I got mine at max and play no lag atall. With 2 in sli you should be the same

Sorry no I cant, I'm an ATI user. But by the sound of it should be a icon on yout toolbar maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom