CD -R 48x ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traicer

Baseband Member
is it true that when burning a CD at 48 theres a huge chance of the Burner making mistakes ?

i heard this alot but just wanted to make sure it was true or just something poeple think

Thx

It depends on the brand of the CD-RW, the brand of the actual media, the software in use and how much of a cache the Drive has (Example 2MB, 8MB, etc)
In recent times with a good drive with BurnProof protection, it is becoming less and less of a problem.

-Mike

so if i have a 52X Burner and my CDR's are only 48X am i able to write at 52X or im force to used 48?

BTW how long does it take to burn a whole CD 80mins at 48x

Thx

You'll have to burn at 48x; that is the fastest speed that the CD will be able to "accept" data at. It should take about 4 minutes to burn the cd at 48x, give or take a little depending on the number of tracks and their length.

jorsoft03 said:
You'll have to burn at 48x; that is the fastest speed that the CD will be able to "accept" data at. It should take about 4 minutes to burn the cd at 48x, give or take a little depending on the number of tracks and their length.

Even less. Finalizing the CD takes up most time though....
Besides the difference between 52 and 48 speed is only a couple seconds.

48x = 36 * 150kbit/s = 7,2MB a second.

With this speed you can burn a 800mb cd in less then 2 minutes, in theory that is.....

Traicer said:
so if i have a 52X Burner and my CDR's are only 48X am i able to write at 52X or im force to used 48?

Thx

i've never used that fast cds or burners, but when my 8x burner was new and fast i could burn even 4x cds with 8x speed...so i guess it's about luck. like overburning. u'll never now how much u can overburn before u try it.

I have a Plextor PlexWriter Premium [52x32x52] It takes about 2.5-3 mins to burn a complete 80 min cd.

In order to burn at 52x you HAVE to have 52x certified media. If you burn at 52x with 48x media the cd will sound like crap. [Learned from experience] This also applys to other types of media [ex. burn at 32x with 16x media, etc.]

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom