BEST sub 1200 rig (OCable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie23

Solid State Member
Hey whats up guys. I am thinking about building my own comp. Im currently on a old *** compaq. (its and AMD tho haha):p

It will be my first build and it will be my first attempt at OCing. IDK if i can OC my current compaq to see what OC really is and to learn some stuff b4 i OC my new rig. Who knows maybe i decide not to OC at all. (if u can help me with this, please PM me)

This rig will be used for:
Video editing (nothing hardcore i will be starting fresh, not alot of experiance), gaming, lots of photoshop, and the everyday AIM, WMP, FIREFOX, and all that ish.

Here is what got with a 1200 budget (before TAX and SHIPPING)

I will be keeping:
Current compaq 15" CRT
Compaq keyboard
Microsoft optical mouse
Speakers

Proc: AMD Opteron 165 Denmark 1000MHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor - Retail

Mobo: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D

RAM: OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System

Video Card: eVGA Geforce 7600GT 256-P2-N553-AX Video Card
*Note: With the video card I will get Age of Empires 3 for FREE.

Sound Card: SABRENT SBT-SP6C Sound Card
* Only 7 buxxxx!!!! lmao, itll be better than onboard sound huh? .

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Optical Drive: BenQ 16X DVD±R DVD Burner With LightScribe Black ATA/ATAPI Model DW1655

Case: Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window

PSU: OCZ ModStream OCZ52012U 620W Power Supply

Subtotal: $1,169.44
Tax: $96.48
Shipping: $46.15

Total: $1,312.07

I will be upgrading the following this summer:
19" LCD Monitor
Nice mouse and keyboard
5.1 speakers
X-FI soundcard

I NEED YOU FEEDBACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.. start commenting guys ur help is appriciated.

That looks like a nice setup but the processor will void the motherboard warranties (not meant to go together) other than that it looks like a great system.:D

I own both the HD and the 7600GT.
The 7600GT is an amazing card for sub-$200 price level, and does not get nearly as loud as people say it does. I have it in my Shuttle XPC sitting right on my desk about 1.5 feet from my ear and its not bad at all. Plays all the latest games at 1280x1024 at almost all high settings (almost).
The HD is very quick, I installed WinXP Pro SP2 in less than 15 minutes onto it, compared to like 30 on my old IDE ATA/133 with an 8MB cache at 7200. It does get warm though.

Looks like a sweet rig. Definitally upgrade your monitor and sound card when you get the money.

YOu dont get taxed from newegg, unless you live in california i believe, so you shouldnt have to account for tax.

I agree with Reggie, drop the soundcard, and maybe even get a lower wattage PSU (from the same manufacturer), and with the money you saved, get a better GFX card, maybe the 7900GT. The 7600 is a midrange card, and I don't think there's a point to upgrading the CPU and RAM like crazy, and then buying a low-to-mid-range card to go with it. Not with your budget anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom