All-in-one Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i highly reccomend the asrock dual sata2....i bought it along with my 3700 and was able to push 2.8ghz out of my 3700+ by only rasing the voltage to max and the fsb...this mobo makes it impossible to wreck anything by ocing and it does all of the memory stuff by itself if you keep it on auto....the best motherboard by far for 100$ or lower...and puts most 200$ mobos to shame. Pair it with whatever cpu u want and with almost no knowledge of ocing u can get a processor worth 300$ more then what you payed for.

However i think the largest problem with your performance is your video card. Even if you got a new agp card it would be better then buying a new proc and board.Buy like a 6800 agp or something. Ive got a crappy vanilla 6800 (256 variety) from a dell in my other computer and it runs even oblivion fine.

as for a 350$ budget....asrock dual sata2(66$), amd athlon 3200+(939, 159$), EvGA 7600GS (100$).

That gives you alot of performance for 325$ and change....and you can bump that 3200+ probably from 2ghz to around 2.5 atleast...on stock air cooling...and low voltage.

Well, he needs to get his hardware from a place that ships internationally. Zipzoomfly does it but they don't carry the Asrock dual sata2. Wait till may so you can get more money, then get the MSI Neo4-f motherboard ($80), a AMD 3000+ ($106), a EVGA 7600 GS ($137). But you're going to need a new PSU, try to get Antec, OCZ, or Forton (those are my favorite three excluding PCP&C which is expensive).

What other e-tailers ship internationally?

OK now how about this?

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Socket 939 $133
MSI K8NNeo-4 NForce4 SATA $ 90
DYNAMO Power Supply for PCI-E $ 30

Total is $263. Which is I do not have money left to buy a PCI-E Video card. If ever I manage to squeeze some extra $100, is Inno3d GeForce 6600GT 128Mb TV-DVI already good? After that I can't manage to go further. :p

EDIT: By the way, I read a topic in this forum and is it true that an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ which runs at 1.8Ghz can have equal performance that of Pentium 4 3.0Ghz?

At this point to be honest if your this poor, a console would do you good and save your other pc for some games and internet cause that amount of money is barley enough to get you a NEAR decent pc. The only thing I can say is get a mobo with a built in geforce 6150 and a amd 3000 and a antec psu. I really dont know what to say but dont get the 3700 because your old video card would bottleneck the **** out of it and worse comes to worse, save your money. And what makes me laugh is you said you would wait to get enough money for a high end agp card, WELL by the time you got around to do so there wouldnt be any agp anymore. Trust me, I had to wait for a couple of months and I dont regret it. If you really wanted a good computer, you would work for it, you would.....

Hmmm so better for me to wait till price go down right.? Well you're right. Maybe sometime I can get enough money to buy gaming PC right? Ok il stick with my P4 for sometime again.:p

Ok last questions. For me which do not play that intensive games like HL2, Doom3, and others (Im not fond of FPS except Counter-Strike) but I play like that of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and of course being an aircraft maniac, I want my FlightSim to have max details. FS2004 requirements is not really that high and I can play it at medium high settings in my current PC. I tried maxing it out and still perform just a little good but a little chappy though. Other games that I play is CSS, Warcraft, Sims 2 ,and ROME Total War. Of course at the same time, like others here who adviced me I want something that will take a long time before upgrading. Could you recommend me a setup which will not cost me that too much? Let's say my budget will be $500.? Will that be enough? Or still insufficient? :(

Second, what is the difference between AMD X2 and Opteron? What will I choose if ever?

Last, prices of dual-core processors here in Philippines is higher that those of Newegg and other sites. If I were to buy, would you recommend to buy here or by shipment? Coz in shipment, there is an extra cost right?

1) yes, 500 is a great amount, use ram, hdd, CD drives and case from the old PC and you can get a nice CPU, graphics card, mobo and PSU.

The AMD X2 is two cpu cores on a single die. Dual CPU basically. The Opteron is AMD's server range of CPU's. Their socket 939 Opterons are very good, and overclock very high due to being made of higher quality silicon. The 144 to 150 are single cores based on the San Diego core. The 165 to 180 are dual core CPU's, again teh san Diego core. The best in the range are the 144 and the 165 due to being the cheapest and overclocking just as far.

3) that is upto you, it probally will be cheaper to by in the Philippines, but you can work it out.

It would be better for your price;performance ratio to get a single core, unless you plan to run FRAPS recording your spectacular landings. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom