nVidia GeForce 8 series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assume $500 for the 8800GTX, $400 for the 8800GT, at release. Slower videocards will come later, maybe end of the year, but definately in time for Vista.

wikipedia is not reliable for information. Its a really just a forum without the discussion. Anyone can post anything on that site.

As far as the G80 goes, I plan for fall, with Vista. Anything about this GPU is pure spec considering its not posted on any of the site that make it. If its DX10 it will be amazing. Every waved their noses at the G71 before they were out, and look how much asss they kick for the amazing price.

Just wait for the **** thing to come out. If you bought something else just before it came out, sell it on eBay, and buy the G80. I'm sick of these "should I wait for the....." posts.

ypu guys are goona have such amazing cards with Dx 10! with nothing to use it on!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! waste of money. vista is goona be like windows xp was when it came out. Nothing was supported on xp. So i say wait then upgrade. at leasr until u can upgrade all your hardware to Vista drivers.

efd753 said:
ypu guys are goona have such amazing cards with Dx 10! with nothing to use it on!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! waste of money. vista is goona be like windows xp was when it came out. Nothing was supported on xp. So i say wait then upgrade. at leasr until u can upgrade all your hardware to Vista drivers.

Ummmm...Vista and DX10 are supposed to be joint cooperative launches, supporting each other exclusively. This has been established a number of times. DX10 was ALMOST called WGF "WINDOWS Graphics Foundation". The cards won't arrive until Vista is out and visa versa. If vista didn't support DX10 that would be to biggest mistake MS has ever made. What a stupid thing to say efd753!!!

BennyV04988 said:
Ummmm...Vista and DX10 are supposed to be joint cooperative launches, supporting each other exclusively. This has been established a number of times. DX10 was ALMOST called WGF "WINDOWS Graphics Foundation". The cards won't arrive until Vista is out and visa versa. If vista didn't support DX10 that would be to biggest mistake MS has ever made. What a stupid thing to say efd753!!!

Actually g80 should be released in late Q3 or Q4 while vista won't be released until sometime in 2007.

BennyV04988 said:

DX10 hardware will be out way before there is software to support it. Nvidia and ATI will release DX10 cards, and that will allow enough time for people to get those cards before Vista comes out. If Vista came out the same time the cards did, not many will have the cards that are (supposedly) able to take full advantage of Vista's graphics (think it's called Aero).

so can we assume that the new 8 series will be better technology for the same price (or even better:cheaper)?

At least one would hope....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom