Comp wont turn on, other problems,etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistler

Beta member
Hello,

I recently bought a new harddrive and installed it, but I wasnt getting anything on my screen and was getting a long beep over and over again (Award BIOS for my Gigabyte GA-K8NS Trtiton). Well, not long after I couldnt get my computer to start up, was thinking it was my power source which is around 5 years old, so I bought a new one - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103931

Well, this didnt help, comp wouldnt start until we took out one of my IDE cables, so we got some new ones but still cant get computer to start, except sometimes we get it to go on very
briefly, this is how we found out a IDE cable was broken. Think you can help us out? ty

System Specs:
Ge-Force 6800 GT OC Graphics Card
1 Stick of RAM, 1 gig
AMD Athlon Processor
2 Maxtor Harddrives(56 gig, and the new 250gig)
[Gigabyte Triton GA-K8NS Motherboard

Ok, we got it started up again, cable for power button was mixed up :p But now were back to original problem, were getting 1 long beep, over and over again, and the monitor screen is blank, like its turned off.

only 1 slot on my motherboard works =| We took a stick of ram from this computer and put it in mine and we still got the beeps. It is placed securely in and nothing.

Is your hard drive's jumpers set up correctly.....
Like the master/slave configurations.....

Does the computer boot with out the new hard drive....

It could also be the hard drive....
Maxtors are known for concurrent failures...
so are Western Digitals....

Ok, reason I waited to reply is I got one of my brothers old mobo's i found and put it in, wasnt same as one I had before but it did start up, no beeps, and did get picture. It didnt work tho cuz it wasnt same one I had before, so I went and bought the same motherboard I had (Gigabyte Triton Model No.GA-K8NS). It finally came, starts up fine and getting no beeping, but this time I dont have a picture on my screen. Using both video cards I have, even tho they both worked before on the other mobo, any ideas, I seem to have bad luck :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom