Value CPU's...What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mündo said:

possibly encording all taking place in the background.

A dual core will allow you to do this.
It depends how much you can spend. Intel dual core are dam cheap, about the same as a low end AMD athlon.

thanks for all the input guys...keep it coming, by all means...

the pentium d 305 is definitely looking pretty attractive at that price...the heat and power consumption is a bit of a concern for me...

how would a celeron d perform? maybe a 2.53 or 2.6 cel d?

ive been using AMD's for so long i've become intel dumb.

I'm in Canada by the way...and i have my own computer supplier...so i get wholesale cost. (I own a tech business...just looking for second, third, fourth, etc opinions)

thats what i thought...i almost got caught in that consumer clock speed trap...and the overclocking potential is uncanny...

thanks for pulling me back from that ledge though!

Mundo i dont think u got goona get your whish man, u want to run nuendo with full vst libraries you goona need more then 1 gig, more toward 4 gig. Im petty sure amd 3000 or p4 3.0 ghz can handle the load. But the ram is goona kill you.

It's probably make that budget gonna go to about 500, but i would go for a socket 939 and get an Opteron 144 for about $170, and overclock it a bit, even with value ram. As for the motherboard, get I would recommend an ASUS A8N5X ($80-85) or just a generic motherboard that's compatible for Opterons.

you dont think an intel pentium d 805 or 820 with a gig or two of ram would handle it?

im not going to be gaming at all...just multitasking...

the opteron 144 isn't available...just the 165 and up...and thats out of my budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom