X2 or not to X2 THAT is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.
DBD said:
I think the new PhysX PPU card requiers a dual-core processor. So, if your a gamer, You better go dual-core.

i doubt it requires dual core.. otherwise, why would alien, falcon west, and dell sell them with the fx57?? that would just be retarded.. they're rip off's, but they're not that big of as5holes

You don't need anything but the base processor. Its not even worth going to a X2 4800+ from a X2 3800+, as you won't see any improvement in FPS in games. Just get a X2 3800+ or a Opteron 165 and put the rest of the money into a videocard, as that is the only thing that will affect your gameplay.

definitely get an X2. no question.

Charlie -

PS, reasoning, future. A 4200+ / OC'd 3800+ will play any current game you throw at it!

You want to go dual core, go Opteron, Go X2, Go Intel, Go AMD tis your choice but go dual core.

IMO you will get the X2 recommended though.

this is my reasoning why not go duel core. Unless u doing video edting all the time. All audio editing/Recording i dont see any advantange to a duel core compare to single. Then ppl say but it is the future! yeah and that future about 3-5 years from now there will be much better duel core and that one u just will cost pennies!! now if u have the money now and will have money when the new duel core come out then go ahead. look 64 bit suppose to be the future, but we still using 32 bits and will be for while.

Ok so now that youv'e mucked my decision up once again i shall go with the Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (my friends will be amazed with all the pretty numbers) and spend more on graphics.

Cdiablo

efd753 said:
this is my reasoning why not go duel core. Unless u doing video edting all the time. All audio editing/Recording i dont see any advantange to a duel core compare to single. Then ppl say but it is the future! yeah and that future about 3-5 years from now there will be much better duel core and that one u just will cost pennies!! now if u have the money now and will have money when the new duel core come out then go ahead. look 64 bit suppose to be the future, but we still using 32 bits and will be for while.

Don't act like a fool, Dual Core games are already here, and we will be swarmed with Dual Core enabled games by the end of the year. As if that wasn't enough, Intel and AMD are phasing out single cores altogether, as Dual Core IS the future.

Callan said:
Ok so now that youv'e mucked my decision up once again i shall go with the Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (my friends will be amazed with all the pretty numbers) and spend more on graphics.

Cdiablo

Smart Man :)

Dual cores aint slow ... I got 1 and am always the 1st in BF2 :cool:

Dont want to end up kicking yourself later when you see all the game titles released with X2 support within the next few months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom