Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
beta testing is now closed I don't think MS ever was recruiting but Mak said they were I'll take his word on it, the availible options I know of is TAP, MSDN, or MSDN-AA. MSDN is not just for Vista the many other goodies are what make it worth getting.

Some schools have MSDN-AA ("Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance") this is probably the easiest way for average students enrolled in high schools or univercities to get Vista. If your school doesn't have it ask them to get it it's only $400 or so after taxes it will give you Vista and your school many vital tools. If your out of School your best shot is MSDN ("Microsoft Developer network"). Many great products are availible to you just choose a service plan that fits what you want and pricing. Your business may have TAP ("Technology Adoption Program") if it's technology based look into that option as well.

Besides that testing is closed for the most part.

It has been revealed, by visiting the Windows Vista Beta Pre-Registration page, that the Windows Vista Community Technology Preview (CTP) program, which provided download access to the CTP builds, has now come to an end. This could well mean that we can expect public betas in the near future.

Though the preview program has ended, Microsoft are continuing to offer valid registration codes for enterprise customers, ISVs, SIs, LARs/VARs, and SBCs. These select codes can be used to receive a replicated copy of the latest CTP version in the mail.

Eh I forgot that Vista is almost done, so yes they will have Public Beta's soon like they promised. I still like my Enterprise/Pro Visual Studio, MS Virtual PC, and other goodies though.

They were still accepting Beta Tester Apps for a while. I know a few that just got in before this last release. But since the next build to be released on May 22 (so i have heard) is going to be the Official Beta 2 and be Public they is no bother to try and get in.

haha... no way i would ever use windows media play... it gives me a headache

but it is looking better....

and iTunes sucks everything it can out of my computer....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom