Whick SHould I upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, but personally i would go ahead and buy a really good comptuer now and then buy additional accesories down the road. The onboard DFI sound is already pretty good (im still using it) and unless you REALLY need a new monitor i would keep it. Since you want too overclock try this out:

Opteron 146
DFI ultra-D
Western Digital SATA2 250gb hdd
eVGA 7900GT
Antec TruePower 550W
Logitech X-530 speakers
Corsair 2x512mb VALUEram This was hard because you wont be able too overclock with it very well but i was kind of running out of money for your budget....lol

Then use your old cd/dvd drives and case.

The total comes out too $964.96. You can mess around with some of the stuff too lower the price and then get other components but i think you should get something more along the lines of that.

i havent researched opterons but do they have the same level of performance that x2 or amd 64's have

but if i do keep the same monitor i wont be playing at high resolutions so i really might not need a 7900gt but i guess the more the merrier

^^yea i agree thats the best idea, keep you monitor for now, and save up for a nice shiney new one later on, that way you can get a well decent pc

Yes, they were originally designed for servers, but they were also made in 939 socket, which is the mainstream consumer socket for the Athlon 64 CPUs. So they'll work fine in any of them. Their performance is about identical to the X2 competitors, but they're tested more rigorously and built with a higher quality silicon, so they usually overclock better.

i dont know if they make the specific model but its a antec so i know its high quality.. since it was in a p4 platform it has a 20pin mobo connector.i would need to buy a 20 to 24 pin attachment.
480w seems enough to me

heres the new rig i custimized and im real happy with the price

western digital 250gb hdd
acer flat panel 17inch
XFX 7600gt
antec smartpower 500w
logitech X-530 70w 5.1
Geil value Ram 2x512
amd opteron venus 144 1.8ghz
dfi lanparty UT SLI

final total $985.95

tell me what you guys think

will any 939 motherboard support opterons

you got the opteron to overclock? if you're gonna overclock you should get better ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom