Computer having problems starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoGs

Beta member
This started happening last nite. I am using windows xp. When I turn on my computer it makes it to the blue "windows is starting" screen and doesn't go any further. The screen right after the black logo screen and right before the login screen. I don't think it's frozen because I can see my mouse cursor and I can still move it around. The same problem happens when I go into safe moode.

When it checks through my cmos and what not it does show all my drives are there and working. I thought maybe my comp had overheated or something so I turned it off and left it off last nite. But the problem is still there. Anyone know what the problem might be? I would like to avoid reformatting if all possible.

Thanks for any help.

I tried going into safe mode and last known good config, the same problem occurs.

Hmmm repairing seems to be having problems. It's on the restarting windows part and it says esitmated 39 minutes. So it scrolls through all the wonderful features of windows xp as it's installing. Well it's been over an hour now at it still says approximately 39 minutes to finish. But it's not frozen as it still scrolls through all the windows features. It's just scrolled through the cycle many many times now.

Gah just re-formatting. Not worth the trouble trying to figure out what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom