overclocking my 3800 x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis18

Banned
i have the evga nforce4 with some zalman fan... i idle at 38 celcius, i plan on getting the big typhoon cause alot of people are saying it works great, but i see guys with a 3800 dual core at 2.6 ghz? wtf... when i bring my speed to 2.3 ghz with 1.375 vcore it reboots automatically, can someone give me some tips in how to get it to maybe 2.4 ghz? or when i get the big typhoon will i be fine when i overclock to 2.4 or even 2.5? some help would be apperciated. and also what voltages for what speeds. thanks.

Just keep on raising the VCORE little by little to make it stable. And make sure you keep an eye on your ram. That could be the one stopping you. So put that on a memory divider of 166mhz And then you shuold be fine

make sure ur ram is ok.......thats is one of ur problems usually when u start...........isnt it?

ok right now im idleing at 28 degrees celcuis, and my ram speed is at 200 mhz, how do i lower it? and what should i do to start overclocking my cpu?

I am an amateur at OC'ing but all i did was increase the VCORE by 5% and the HTT(FSB) by 10% which now gives me 2.2 Ghz as opposed to my old 2.0. I now run at 38deg Celcius i used to run at 32deg Celcius during Idle

well now u should run prime95 for 24 hours to test stability
then if its stable try moving the vcore down and test again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom