media player 9 probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojochef

Solid State Member
Help please!
I was having problems with windows media player9 and went to reinstall
now I get error message saying that I have another program that hasn't finished installation-restart computer. Which I did and it doesn't work.
I am running win ME(yuck)

Here is setup log:[WMC Logging begun. Logging at level: '2']
An INF will be installing a driver. May require a reboot.
An INF will be installing a driver. May require a reboot.

[*WMC Logging begun. Logging at level: '5'. OS is W9X. OSVer is 4.90.3000.0. Setup version 9.00.00.2980.]
Registering DLL: 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\wmpdxm.dll'.
Dll Registration: Succeeded for file 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\wmpdxm.dll'.
WMC_CopyFile: File 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\lib\applet\WMPNS.jar' is newer than the version to be installed. No copy will occur.
WMC_CopyFile: File 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\wmpns.dll' is newer than the version to be installed. No copy will occur.

[*WMC Logging begun. Logging at level: '5'. OS is W9X. OSVer is 4.90.3000.0. Setup version 9.00.00.2980.]
Setup beginning.
=====Building Install list.
XML Parser: Dependency requirements are not met, no need to add to list.
Finished building install list. Result: '0x0'.
=====Updating Install list for UI.
Package 'DRM' is version '9.0.0.2980'. This is 'older or equal to' than the version currently installed.
Package 'DRM' is version '9.0.0.2980'. This is 'older or equal to' than the version currently installed.
Package 'WMFSDK' is version '9.0.0.2980'. This is 'older or equal to' than the version currently installed.
Package 'WMFSDK' is version '9.0.0.2980'. This is 'older or equal to' than the version currently installed.
Package 'WMDM' is version '9.0.1.56'. This is 'older or equal to' than the version currently installed.
Package 'WMDM' is version '9.0.0.2980'. This is 'older or equal to' than the version currently installed.
Package 'MYMUSIC' is version '0.0.0.4'. This is 'older or equal to' than the version currently installed.
Package 'WMP' is version '9.0.0.2980'. This is 'older or equal to' than the version currently installed.
Package 'WMP' is version '9.0.0.2980'. This is 'older or equal to' than the version currently installed.
Package 'WMPsetup' is version '9.0.0.2980'. This is 'older or equal to' than the version currently installed.
Package 'defskin' is version '0.2002.12.10'. This is 'older or equal to' than the version currently installed.
Package 'defskin' is version '0.2002.12.10'. This is 'older or equal to' than the version currently installed.
Package 'fhg' is version '1.9.0.305'. This is 'older or equal to' than the version currently installed.
Package 'adaptec' is version '2.0.0.44'. This is 'older or equal to' than the version currently installed.
Finished updating install list.

sorry to take up so much room...any ideas except for sys restore?

thanx guys

I may not have been clear this is an installation problem. everything extracts then it warns me to cancel and restart computer

Thank you, I did update java then rebooted but I am still getting same error message

I amm running the trend micro that you recommended I will let you know when it is done, thanx
I generally run ad-aware once a week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom