Windows Geniune !!!is yours !

Status
Not open for further replies.
talldude123 said:
still the richest man??

Dell sells more than MS.

Michael Dell is rich. But he is not as rich as Bill Gates. Dell is a very big company, but it still does not pull as much money as Microsoft.

with better quality components and higher prices, Dell would be very wealthy.

Also, how does Dell provide you with a PC with Celeron, 512 RAM, 80GB HD, Optical mouse/keyboard, and Win XP for only $400?

talldude123 said:

Also, how does Dell provide you with a PC with Celeron, 512 RAM, 80GB HD, Optical mouse/keyboard, and Win XP for only $400?

REALLY REALLY CHEAP hardware, a discount on parts/OS for putting those ugly stickers on the front that say "intel inside" and "designed for MS windows xp," combined with mass producing them and btw, ms charges dell like 5 dollars per OEM license, so its not a big deal. in the end i'd say dell is making 100 dollars profit per computer like that

also, i dont have a legit copy of windows, is he going to bug me about it?
i dont have any copy at all. the only windows box i use is at work, thats their problem.

maybe the article should've said "illegit" copies.

isnt that spyware or whatever? MS looking on your computer for information and sending it to their server and then sending you a popup?

and you people are crazy for paying 300 bucks on software. if i had 300 extra bucks i'd buy another geforce 7800gt and put them in SLI and still play doom 3 and quake 4 and all unreal tournaments and wolfet and rtcw and all those awesome games for linux

worrwhorre said:
can't you just disable automatic updates so the Windows Genuine software can't be installed?

yes. back when ms was locking blacklisted copies of xp, the solution was to stay away from windows updates

talldude123 said:

They make $0 profit off of systems like that. Yes, they may get Microsoft OS's dirt cheap, but Microsoft still has to make money off of them. The way Dell makes a lot of their money is from upgrades. The hardware itself is very cheap, but the upgrade prices are phenominal. If you take their basic $299 PC, a lot of people will want to upgrade to 512MB ($50), an LCD (15"-$130, 17"-$170), speakers (default doesn't come with speakers, $20), and get a 160GB hard drive (only $20 more, cheap). Their basic $299 system, is not $529. It's really easy for an average consumer to spend a lot of money at Dell.com.

Hahaha...

After all these year, i have told others long time ago that Microsoft will do this sooner or later. All the monopolised that Microsoft has won all these year, the court order that they have won, we will see that the Giant (Bill Gates) is a same as any Mafia Godfather.

Well for me, as I don't condone any pirate (unlicensed) software usage, I don't even like the way Microsoft do.

After all this while, we're all know that Microsoft has put a tools or spyware in the Operating System. That's why they don't want US Government or anybody else review their Operating System source code. They said that it's under copyright reserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom