Graphics card problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

istanbul05

Baseband Member
Hi i just bought 2gb of Corsair Value Ram PC3200, a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy sound card and a 256MB XFX 6800GS. I inserted them all at the same time but my graphics card isnt working. I know it is my graphics because i took it our and put in my old 9800 and thats what i have in at the moment. By not working i mean when i start up the computer it just stops before the monitor even turns on. The light idicating the hard drive is in use just turns off after about 10 seconds. Any help is greatly appriciated.

Try reseating the card in the AGP slot. Some cards need to be pushed almost forcibly into the slot. Also check that the 4-pin molex power plug is connected, I'm pretty sure the 9800 doesn't have one, so you might have forgotten to plug it in on the new card. Tell us if it works. Cheers

Yes i have re-seated it rwice when i was trying it and i had already plugged in the 4 pin power cable.....i dont know a lot about computers but i couldnt have plugged in the wrong one could i? :s

Try pulling the sound card... then pull the battery from your mobo. wait about 20 minutes, reseat the battery and then try again. Don't reset the sound card yet... Wait until you have video first beofre you do that... make sure you download the latest Nvidia drivers as well before you go putting that audio card back in... resetting the bios should work... you will have to go in after wards and change the video settings if you have on board or can change the bus memeory type (AGP 128, 256, etc...)

Hi im sorry but where is the motherboard battery? And should i uninstall my current ati drivers and install the nvidia drivers from the cd which came with my card all before i insert my new card??

And how do i reset my bos and change the bus memory type. Sorry for not knowing any of this lol!

The Mobo battery is the small silver disk on the Mobo that looks like a big watch-battery. Try removing the old ATI drivers, but I don't think that is the problem, cause drivers wouldn't cause probs before you get into Windows. What PSU do you have? It could be that the card doesn't get enough power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom