Cpu`

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk

Baseband Member
Hey all,

I'm not so good at processors I have a Athlon XP 2800 (I think not at computer) but its faulty and creates a real bottleneck.

I was wondering if this is a good replacement as im not looking to spend alot

AMD Sempron 2400+

Found here

AMD

What you think?

I wanted to get one of the dual cores but dont have a 939 socket motherboard

What makes you think that its creating a bottleneck? 2800XP is also alot better than a Sempron 2400+. Please define your train of thought.

Because its faulty it could not perform at its speed so I down clocked it (not sure if correct term) and even at that speed it has trouble doing tasks, like playing music and games.

What are the rest of your system specs? And are you positive it's the CPU, and not the mobo or RAM?

Can you give us details about your system? What hardware are you using? As FlashDude suggested, you might want to do a virus scan / spyware scan, possibly a re-format. Is there a SPECIFIC reason that you targeted the CPU as the bottleneck?

ya i agree with flash dude... format first.. then see if the problem persists...

I know its the CPU for two reasons

1. It came from a dodgy seller and it was a replacement for another faulty one

2. When it is run at its normal speed the system mucks up and will not start something about CPU overheating it says on the systems (I have checked the CPU fan and heatsink)

There is no spyware or viruses as ive done all the scans.

I've also checked all the components one byone in a duplicate machine and it comes down to the CPU so what should I do replacement wise as i'm hosting a LAN party and don't want the CPU slowing me down

Not to insult your intelligence, but what is the "normal" frequency you are reffereing to? I'm only asking cause I've read a similiar question on another forum. For the 2800+ it should be 2000MHz, and not 2800MHz. Just my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom