My First New Build, Feedback would be Appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question : Hard Drive

Instead of purchasing one Raptor HDD which is like 72GB would it be better to use that or buy 2 7200 RPM SATA 250mb drives and run them in a RAID 0 array and get nearly double the performance of the drive.

Which is suggested to have better results?

nitestick said:
well the 2 drives in RAID 0 should outperform a single Raptor but there is a higher chance of failure and data loss.

you mean theres a higher chance of failure and data lose in raid0? by the way 2x 250gb hdd in raid0 = 500gb? or 250gb?

ps. why would there be a greater chance of this, this is the first time i have heard that.

hm, but for storage I would use one single 320gb hdd, and for the windows and games I was thinking of using 2 hdds in raid. I dunno mayb I would get 120gb each for those. so even if I lose I only lose the part with the games (which can be replaced) and the os but the only thing was I was under the impression that in raid 120+120 would =120 because the 2 drives acted like one. that is what I thought, am I wrong?

ok so from what im seeing raid 0 is that it will take peices of the files and save them half on the first hdd and the other half on the second hdd, then what does raid 1 do? and whats the difference in speed ?

lol, wait you jus said if one fails, the only data gets lost as well, so how can one be the backup of the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom