modem heats up and shuts itself down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomstick666

Daemon Poster
hi. i have roadrunner cable and using RCA DCM-425 cable modem. ever since i got this, the internet connection goes down every day or every other day for a couple hours. i always thought its their server problem since i see no "cable link" light on the modem. but i just realized that the modem gets super hot when it goes down. like really really hot. you can almost cook eggs kind of hot. i usually disconnect everything and wait. but sometimes it comes back on in 10 min. and sometimes its 2 hours... im confused if its the modem heating up and shuts itself down or their server problem. pls help if you have experienced anything like this. or know how to solve it. thanks.

Dr.Gootch said:
Sounds like the modem, id get a replacement asap before it goes boom. My cable modem only gets warm never that hot.
o ok. i think i should get a replacement. thru the router, 3 computers are connected and when all of 3 are online, it gets ridiculously hot. thanks for the help.

Are you sure your running the right power cord into the modem......with the right voltage...
If you overload a dc product, it has a shutoff failsafe built into it...

I have six computers all online almost all the time, all connected to one modem. It never gets very warm at all. It's a Motorola modem, incase you care.

its not even warm. its really HOT. cant touch it for more than 10 sec. mb they gave us the wrong power supply for it. ill check when my roommate wakes up. its in his room...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom