Cases like Voodoo's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulater6000

Daemon Poster
Voodoo pc cases use standard ATX for factor, but they flip their Mobos upside down and put them on the oposite side of the pc case.

I like the fact that their cases can use upside down ATX Mobos, so its like BTX.

Does anyone know of any retail cases that consumers can buy that support the use of upside down Mobos like Voodoo's cases?

ROFL he means amagine the mobo on the other side of the case so the video card for example would have the fan sticking up and you would have to open the right side of the case to see the mobo.

im pretty sure the CM Stacker or the TT Tsunami mounts its mobo like that. or was it some silverstone case? i forget. but regardless you should get a silverstone case cause they look so nice

Actualy if you look at the Voodoo case and the Lian Li cases youll see they are almost exactly the same, almost as if they modded one to be a Voodoo ;)

i have a BTX dell system, but it confuses me. the mobo is on the BTX side of the case, but the cards are still at the bottom. i thought with BTX the cards go above the mobo ports?

EDIT: now i think about it, i suppose that ^ is when you mount an ATX mobo upside down... so mine is BTX. i really like the cards=the right way up thing. it is nice to see your graphics card fan go. Shame i have no window really...

BTX mobos are laid out differently than ATX... of course.

I like the way BTX is laid out, but the very idea of Intel trying to force a new form-factor on the public just so it can increase its profits really ticked me off.

But if there were AMD BTX boards, and I was going to build a new system, I'd probably go with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom