speakers....what happened....

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i'm just going to buy a relatively cheap sound card and run it through that, should that solve my problem? don't most sound cards go through the PCI slot?

I think that a new sound card can resolve part of your problem, i said part because you should also take care of the overheating problem. you don't want to expend money on a new sound card and fried in few days. also the overheating can be affecting other parts in your computer (like the CPU, RAM, etc..).

I think there MIGHT be a conflicty between your onboard sound and your card, try disabling the onboard and see if it helps, also maybe see what the difference is using your onboard sound, it might be a problem with the sound card, like TeLeMuNdO said.

the Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1 is a descent card, that doesn't cost the earth.

OMG, NO WAY

i bought a new sound card, Sound Blaster 4.1, and installed it and everything....ITS EXACTLY THE SAME!!!! WTF?!

*crawls into fetal position and rocks back and forth*

hmm, i checked my device manager, and next to "Game Port for Creative" there is a "!". when i click on it, it says "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

i'm not sure what that really means.....but under my sound devices there is: Audio Codecs, Game Port for Creative(not working), Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture Devices, Media Control Devices, SB PCI(WDM), and Video Codecs. which one do i have to disable? whats going on?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom