Recovery CD Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kallel

Beta member
A friend of mine wiped the recovery drive from his laptop by mistake.

I have re-installed XP SP2 using the factory supplied CD, installed all the latest drivers and set up the pre-installed software manually, minus a few he didn't want.

Can anyone give me an easy step by step on how to create a recovery CD /or put this setup on a hidden partition of the hard drive.

the following lists the tools I have:

XP sp2 CD
Norton Ghost 9
Nero 6.6.0.15b
Partition Magic 8

Any assistance will be gratefully appreciated

Well you have Norton Ghost so why not install that and make a image of the HDD as it is. That way you just have to put the image back on instead of installing again.

Thx for reply Makaveli,

I have installed all of the OS, Drivers and software on C: drive, I have installed Ghost also.

What I would like to do is put image on hidden D: drive so my friend can't wipe it again and create a boot/recover CD to link to the image.

This is where i'm having trouble as Ghost 9 does not seem as friendly as when I used Ghost 6 (which I no longer have) that allowed you to create a Ghost boot disk with Gdisk included to hide partitions.

any ideas ?

thx again

Maybe Acronis True Image can accomplish this. I dont remember all the options of Ghost 9. I have only used it a couple of times before i switched over to Acronis.

Thx for heads up on Acronis will check it out. I have put ghost image on new partition of hard drive, to hide partition and create boot cd would need version of ghost earlier than ghost 9.

Bad move upgrading, lol.

many thanks again.

Excellent program

Thanks very much for your support.

I purchased a copy of Acronis True Image and had no problems. What a great piece of software, it did everything I needed and more in 1 go.

Will not be using Norton Ghost ever again :D :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom