XP Boot disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is I can't access DOS without a boot disk. Should I delete any partitions with the Win98 boot disk and then try XP?

Sure, but I doubt its going to fix your problem, winxp setup is able to delete partitions, and format. You said that the system isn't compatable with win98, meaning its a newer system.... This wouldn't happen to be a new build that your 'fixing' would it?

Let just throw a wild guess into the mix. This is a new build with sata HD, winXP setup is is telling you it can't continue because it says theres no disks to install on, and you can see the drive when it(the computer) first turns on, so you know its there and working. Is this whats going on?

Get a preinstalled environment or a live version of linux....
I recommend:
BartPE
SuperWinPE
Knoppix

Unless...you mean your gonna use the fix command.....from the repair function in the installer or the repair function of preinstalled console....

Sui said:
Sure, but I doubt its going to fix your problem, winxp setup is able to delete partitions, and format. You said that the system isn't compatable with win98, meaning its a newer system.... This wouldn't happen to be a new build that your 'fixing' would it?

Let just throw a wild guess into the mix. This is a new build with sata HD, winXP setup is is telling you it can't continue because it says theres no disks to install on, and you can see the drive when it(the computer) first turns on, so you know its there and working. Is this whats going on?

You basically hit the nail right on the head. :)

Though it's no longer a SATA drive, just a regular IDE drive. It is like a year 1/2 old.

I don't get why it won't work the way I've always done it. My computer is brand new and it worked fine with that. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom