12v running 11.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

sovieted

Beta member
i got a issue currently where my +12v is running low at 11.7, its been causeing crashes during games. anyone got any ideas?

(im not super computer literate so ill give u some specs i dont normall give, simply cause it might help resolve the issue)
voltage is 1.500v
i got a 550w power supply

umm this might help?
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6127/11qj3.jpg

amd athlon 64 bit 3000+ 2.10ghz
radeon x850xt 256mb
1gig ddr333
abit kv8-max3 motherboard

if you need to know anything else please let me know.
(i hope i didnt miss nothing?)

Most likely, but I doubt it. My 12v runns at 11.1v and my gaming are fine. Heres what I think is causing the crash but only under these circumstances = The PC does not crash while in normal usage but only when you play games.

Disable Fastwrite in BIOS or in the catalyst control panel, then set your AGP speed to off in catalyst CP. These setting are located in "SMARTGART" in Catalyst CP. The Fastwrite is located in Advanced Chipset Feature/AGP & P2P Bridge Control. It might differ depending on your BIOS.

you can't trust the voltage readings supplied by a motherboard. if you know to use a multimeter (i hold no responsibility if you mess this up!!!) switch it to measure voltage (whatever you do make sure it is not set to measure current) and stick the positive probe in to the plug for the yellow wire of a molex (hdd) connector and the negative probe into the black wire next to it. the reading you get should be the true reading.

thank you kindly.
i wont do the test one with the "you can screw it up" feature...cause well ..i can and will.
as the other guy was saying. your 12v runs at 11.1?...i mean my crashes are ...VERY rare (once every 2 months) but you knows....its enuff to well, its enuff.... this is just a minor thing i wanted to take care of. to be honest i was afraid it was a hardware problem, and you know, can only get worse. but i mean if you run 11.1 then i guess i shouldnt worry about 11.7....right? (plus like the other dude said, it might be wrong)

about 5 mins after this post it dropped from 11.7 to 11.4....im scared

The rule of thumb for Voltages is that, it is within reasonable tolerence if it +/- 5% of what it should be. So 12v X 0.05 = .6 So within 11.4v - 12.6v is ok for the 12 V rail.

And a DMM is always better then software testing. like others have said.

ok i get it, i wont worry about it unless it becomes a major problem then.
and like i said DMM(i assume its that direct testing with the wires) is ...well id end up either frying my comp ur killing myself. so, bad idea.

My 12v voltage is constantly fluctuating between 12.3 and 12.5. I don't think you should worry any.

You won't kill yourself, voltmeters are pretty easy to use, just make sure you put the setting on volts... and if your not sure which one it is on that particular voltmeter, then take it picture and ask.

Binary systems are pretty good at understanding 0s and 1s.....dont worry about fluctations, they are a phonemenon of the pipeline where binary signal synchronize....or specific operaions cause a phenomenon in electrical pull inside the pipeline....if you actually stare at your system, you will see that the fluctuatuions are not totally random.....

It depends on the operation, pipeline complexity, stages....etc...
Basically, if its in a +/- 1volt range of the set voltage, you should be fine....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom