Custom PC Won't Power On

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgewoodzgimp13

Baseband Member
So heres a quick rundown of what's going on...

I recently built my own cheap computer: Asus mobo, AMD Sempron processor, 512MB RAM, and case with 400watt power supply. Everything was fine as I installed windows XP on the HD and then I left to go to the store. When I came back the computer was off so I went to turn it back on and no power was running to the computer. I smelt around the case to see if anything was burnt out but all seemed well.

The only thing I could think of is a bad power supply or the fact that the mobo is 20-pin and the power supply is 24-pin. Now does that make a big difference? If so why did it turn on and install windows? If that's the problem could I buy the 24 to 20-pin converter for it to work?

Let me know guys because I want to get this thing running. Thanks in advanced!

I take it you dont have the facility to test the PSU? testing kit and voltmeter? Or another PSU you can swapout?

When you turned the pc on does the fan in the PSU spin up? is there a power LED glowing on the mobo?

The mobo light doesn't come on either. I have a power supply tester at my school so I'm going to try it on Monday. Looks like I'll be upgrading a new P/S if that is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom