Graphics driver problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguinlord

Baseband Member
I've tried 4 different drivers (3 ATi, 1 Omega) and none have worked properly (I did uninstall the previous drivers each time). Some operate as if it was the windows driver (like when you uninstall your graphics driver and dont install a new one) and others fragment etc.

I have a X850XT agp and Windows XP SP2.

I don't think the card is overheating, and it is new. Any suggestions?

Hmm, is AGP enabled in BIOS ? Try installing the drivers in safemode. Scan for virus's maybe. Other then that i have no clue.. Maybe something wrong with the card :( which i hope not, that is a nice card.

How do I check whether agp is enabled?
How do I install the drivers in safe mode?
Sorry I am a bit of a n00b.

I have can play games on some of the drivers, its just they fragment or have problems out of games.

Reboot pc, and hit ur key that enables you to go into bios, should say when it is posting, :hit this key to go into bios or setup:. mine is f1, "it depends on what key it is becuase there are different bios's". In advanced tab there should be an option to enable AGP. once u found it and enabled it save and reboot and see if ur card works.

To get into safe mode, Reboot and hit F8 repeatedly and a DOS menu will come up and select Safe mode. Once windows loads it will ask u if u wanna do a recovery or continue safe mode, and should be YEs for contine and NO for recovery. Click YES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom