System SHock 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torrentspy it

Metro you should look up stuff about system shock 2 and the rebirth mod. I also had the other problem you are having after doing the affinity stuff, to fix that it required adding a line to a text file in ss2 folder. Google system shock 2 tech help or something along those lines.

Edit: Nevermind I did the research for you, look here and you can solve most ss2 problems.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69958

Mr_Threepwood said:
Torrentspy it

Metro you should look up stuff about system shock 2 and the rebirth mod. I also had the other problem you are having after doing the affinity stuff, to fix that it required adding a line to a text file in ss2 folder. Google system shock 2 tech help or something along those lines.

Edit: Nevermind I did the research for you, look here and you can solve most ss2 problems.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69958

Thanks, I'll give that a go and see what happens.

Metr0, even if its a ******* to get ss2 working Id stick with it, its a really fun game once you have it working right.

I dont know about you guys though, but for me half the fun of old games is trying to do all the things to get them working, there have even been some games ive spent 2 hours to get working then didnt actually play the game. I like the challenge, but this isnt the case with ss2, the game is genuinly awesome.

When you play ss2 though do it right, do not turn on any music other than the game music. Make sure you listen to all of the logs that you find, they make the story that much creepier. If you do it right you'll have a good paranoia going pretty fast.

Any tips on character creation? I lean toward the navy hacker/small arms buy psi ops dos look kind of cool too,.?

If its your first time playing then Id go for marine who specializes in melee weapons and small arms. The entire game you are low on ammo and guns break easily (this is to make you be careful when you use guns, so that you dont have the indestructable feel, which adds to the fear). Most of the game you will need melee weapons, I maxed out exotic and small arms since the best melee weapon in the game is an exotic weapon.

First time around using psy is pretty hard, I would only say do psi if youve beat the game once and know what you're doing.

Also yes you should put some points into hacking, it comes in very handy at times. You get a lot of skill points if you do the game right so you can make your character a melee/hacker.

Let me say though that 90% of the game you will be using a melee weapon, keep that in mind.

When i played through i made a Hacker character who wasn't particually strong or useful with weapons, still managed to do pretty **** good, ended up with tonnes of nanites (or whatever the **** they call cash)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom