WMP Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtpacygax

Banned
Hi, whenever I go to guide in WMP 10, and search for a song, I will click a song and it won't open the website, I get an error saying something about a script and internet explorer. Does anyone know how to allow wmp to open the internet when you tell it to?

Are you sure IE is the default browser? Do you have firefox set to be default? Or Opera? Can you right click and copy the link?

I have firefox as my default browser, is there a way to let wmp open up firefox when you click a link, instead of internet explorer?

I dont think so. Considering that WMP is intertwined wiht Windows jsut like IE i dont think they made it so WMP can use another borwser.

Well, so how do I fix this problem then, I have to switch my default browser to internet explorer? That would suck.

Well i just tried it and it opened in Opera for me which is my default browser. So it seems as if your WMP is fubar. Try to uninstall it and reinstall it.

I have tried that already. Any other ideas? Just to make it clear I can click on the links, it is just that when I search for a song or movie, and I click on it that is when it shows the script error thing.

Well then i dont know off hand. I did exactly what you said. I searched for a song and a artist and was able to get pages and click on links.

Does anyone know what is going on for me? Do I have to get some kind of plug-in or something? Because, I deleted WMP once and did a registry clean up of it, then I reinstalled it, and something could be missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom