enforce screensaver password from server

Status
Not open for further replies.

selina

In Runtime
is there a way to enforce password protection with screensaver from a server instead of having to go to each workstation and set it? this way, the users can't diable it later on their own...

we are on win2000 server and workstations are on winxp.
in the link you posted, it said to go to GPO>Computer Configuration \Administrative Templates\Terminal Services.

well, i don't see terminal services. but i do see "Password protect the screen saver" under User Configuration\Administraive Templates\Control Panel\Display.
but with this, it still requires me to go to each individual PC and set it.
i want to knwo if there is a way to do this from a server without going to each pc's...

create a gpo and link it to the ou or site or domain. this requires AD.

otherwise, you'll need to figure out the registry changes, create a reg file or vbscript, and run it on login.

or open mmc, add the group policy snapin for each remote machine and configure.

If you don't have AD, you can deploy the GPO settings to all the machine via a file. You only need to get them to reboot to take the settings.

Then file is located at...
%systemroot%\system32\GroupPolicy\User\registry.pol

Copy that file from a configured machine and apply it to all machines, by running a script or manually adding it to the same location. Then have the machines reboot. You can run gpupdate /force if you want to not reboot.

Good luck.

we have AD. i've never 'linked' gpo to AD before, but i'll try figuring it out. thx!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom