Hey guy. First Build Project. What you think so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rzajr21

Solid State Member
Hi There. First Build Project. What you think so far? Thanks

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail - $85.00

eVGA Geforce 7600GT 256-P2-N553-AX Video Card - Retail - $169.00

NEC 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE/ATAPI Model ND-3550A - OEM - $37.49

MB Combo ABIT KN8 SLI NVIDIA NF4 SLI/PCI-Express x16/ATA133/Dual DDR400/SATA RAID/USB2.0/Gigabit LAN/8-Channel Audio Socket 939 ATX MB + AMD Athlon 64 3700+ - Retail - $335.45

Nikao Black/Silver AA02 Selected, I TrustATX Mid-Tower Computer Case w/550W Power Supply - Retail - $54.98

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cost With Tax and Shipping comes out to be - $677.17 With Rebates

Looking for a Harddrive to go along with this. Is there any 16mb 7500 100gb HD's that are under say 100 bucks?

Also would like thoughts on my first building of a computer. I wanted to build a computer that was between 700-800 bucks. How well did I do. Thanks

thanks bro. Do you think 1gig ram of that kind will be good enough to run BF2 pretty good. I want to play BF2 with medium settings and get good FPS.

rzajr21 said:
thanks bro. Do you think 1gig ram of that kind will be good enough to run BF2 pretty good. I want to play BF2 with medium settings and get good FPS.

no man. that ram is a waste of money, get cosair value ram instead.

how bout u dont get corsair value ram, and get G.Skill value ram.

and i think ur main isssue on running bf2 will be the GPU.

yeah i agree, that ram blows . You could find much better for not as much. And BF2 is a ram intensive game since there are so many people playing it, so for better performance in bf2 i would recommend 2gb, dual channel if your mobo supports it. Finally you can get a 250gb sata hard drive from western digital on newegg.com for $90. Its fast (since its sata) and its got a 16mb buffer, not to mention its a good deal.

tanda funny that you mentioned that harddrive. I just bought that harddrive to go along with this computer. The Ram issue is that it is on its way. I will probably stick with the ram until i get more money to spent on ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom