which proceesor

Status
Not open for further replies.

schulz269

Daemon Poster
Which should i get:
amd opty 146 or
amd x2 3800+?

I am getting an dfi lanparty Ut nf4 jsut need help decidieng which cpu to get.

the amd x2 3800+ is a great cpu. If your into OC'ing its got a lot of potential and can rival the higher x2's when OC'ed. Search around this forum. I saw an atricle from cnet where they show that the dual core amd's are way better than the intel dual core in every catagory. Ill try and find it for you.

it depends what you're doing with the system...if you're doing rendering/video editing, get the Opteron, if you're mostly gaming, get the Athlon

i only light game for now i'm not really into it like i was. i am thinking jsut save hte money an get the opty (i am overclockign it) and then in a little while go for either hte conroe or a x2.

Btw the crap stated above about the intel dual core vs amd is worthless if i even said anything about intel i would be ok with getting a message like but the opty and the x2's are not intel so don't crap the thread. I know you were tryign to help but you are way off the topic to even start with. Getting jsut a little sick of all these intel vs amd crap that is posted everyday and the same comments are made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom