My First New Build, Feedback would be Appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
what does it mean by buffer underruns?

i mean there has to be a reason it is a $100 more, what does it do that the other burners with 2mb cache dont do. I just want to compare the difference.

:confused:

really? cause i get that all the time with the current dvd burner i have now (which i might use as the player?) so if i get the 16x 8 mb cache i wont get the failed message. I have a 48x cd burner but i always have to use 12x or 14x or else i get a under buffer message. now i know what you are saying and I hate that issue I have.

so by getting the 8mb cache drive i can avoid that problem?

ok, your right, mayb I can just save that for the new build, so its easier cause its from scratch. I think my last question was about the g skill ram, the ddr500 is good right? i see most are ddr400, that is going to get along with the rest of the system, i believe the 500 is faster right?

oo the hard drives. I should do them both raid 0? the 2x raptors and then the 2x caviars.

any advise on the hard drive set up?

Look man its all good your looking for help kingpin and i respect that i am also going to be building my first pc in a few days so i understand your prediciment. But one thing i do not understand is the constant double posting or even triple posting. It is easy to tell you just want to increase your post count. Just edit your last post ect. But yeh w/e i just wanted to point that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom