Can I change the CPU in my a1250n HP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jdhore1 said:
yes it can, but you won't get MUCH faster speed for the $1000 price you'll need to pay for any processor faster than your own, also, are you running WinXP x64?

For $1000, your best option, if you REALLY want to spend the money is to just buy a 2nd computer.
I am not running WXP 64. And I can get the chip for allot less than 1000 bucks. SO , in your opinion its not worth the money to upgrade as my 64X3800 is good enough and I need to just suck it up?

basically...as someone posted before, the ONLY chip you're going to notice a big difference in performance with is the FX-60 and i have not seen that processore for UNDER $1000 ANYWHERE...so, yeah, i would have to say suck it up...also, go into Windows and MAX OUT your paging file...go to AT LEAST 2-3GB...that might make a bit of a difference...WindowsXP makes it pretty small by default.

jdhore1 said:
basically...as someone posted before, the ONLY chip you're going to notice a big difference in performance with is the FX-60 and i have not seen that processore for UNDER $1000 ANYWHERE...so, yeah, i would have to say suck it up...also, go into Windows and MAX OUT your paging file...go to AT LEAST 2-3GB...that might make a bit of a difference...WindowsXP makes it pretty small by default.
Thanks, I did 2000 min 3069 max.

that's pretty good for what you're running...Can you tell, is it working a bit better since you did that?

jdhore1 said:
that's pretty good for what you're running...Can you tell, is it working a bit better since you did that?
I did it a few minutes ago, now I need to wait till I get home, as I am off to work. Is there any tests to run that can show a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom