slow 6800le nfsu2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gully2005

Baseband Member
well i just upgraded to a 6800le and i try to play need for speed underground 2 at barely medium settings and its super laggy?
i got 1.2patch i duno whats wrong
system spec: celeron 2.8ghz
1024mb ddr400
6800le 128mb 256bit

seing as how the 6800le is just slightly/if at all faster than a 6600gt, dont expect medium settings on that game without lag. You can always overclock it to 6800gt speeds :D

even at super low settings its fairly laggy.. i can play F.E.A.R on high-maximum settings fairly easily while this game lags :| even b2 is playable at medium settings on this card +celeron

how laggy are we talking here... cuz nfsmw seems to do that with my 7900... well not really laggy, i guess the frames just don't go over 60 and it still looks nasty... i don't really know why....

Thats wierd, your cpu is definetly not giving letting your video card run at its full potential, but still.

Well the 60FPS could most likely be caused by a cap. Like Half life 1 and Quake 4 have.

That or you have V-sync turned on?

half life 1 has a cap... maybe it was because i was playing half life source why it went so high.. anywho, i dunno.. i think i had it off.. i don't ever turn it on... i'm pretty sure its the cap though, it never goes lower or higher, its very steadily at 60... hrm i havent used fraps in quake yet... i'll check that out sometime

why couldnt they all have the option to turn it off like gta san andreas?

Yup go for it. It's 60 on Quake 4. On my machine its constintly at 60. And of course in half life 1 is never goes below 60 haha. I'd be depressed if it did hahaha.

That's a good question. What would the point of capping it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom