Beta member
I built my latest system using the following:
Asus P5LDS Mobo
Intel 820 dual-core
2 gigs Corsair 533MHz DDR2 memory
EVGA 6600GT 256 MB DDR3
Hitachi 250G Sata drive
Windows XP Pro SP1

System starts hiccuping without warning. Can't duplicate the problem starting, but seems to be after its been on for a few days and we've been running multiple tasks on it (internet, music programs, the normal stuff). The problem is visually noticable by the pointer freezing up on the screen during mouse movement, usually lasting only about 1/2 second...then the pointer jumps to where it should be. The same problem is noticable audibly if we're listening to music, or playing a game (wife likes Zoo Tycoon 2). The audio repeats itself where ever it's at in the song or sound file. Just imagine the words being sung "She's like the wind" (ok, it's corny I'll admit). But if the hiccup occurs during that line it may sound like "She's lllllllllllike the wind". It's annoying as ****.
A reboot takes care of the problem and we don't see it again for several days or more. Then out of nowhere it'll do it agian.

Has anyone else seen this kind of problem? Or is there some kind of program I can use to capture what the processor just had to do?

Thanks in advance,
Ronbo

yeah but if it would do that only after a certain amount of time it couldnt be a "general" instabliltiy could it?

Doing it again!!

I got the problem to reappear when I loaded/played MS Flight Sim tonight. And even after closing FS Sim it still continues. I started MusicMatch and music so I could hear the hiccup. I then opened Task Manager and am watching the processors Performance graph. The hiccup occurs like clockwork every 30 seconds, consuming 25+ % of the processors usage. I chose the Processes tab and can't see any applicaition suck up any substantial processing power. For sh*ts and grins I clicked on the Networks tab and BAM....there it is. At each point the music "stutters" the network utilization jumps to 2.5%. I'm using Asus's wireless network card (mobo came with it) so I choose Disable Radio in the wireless card utility window. My problem has now gone away.
Can I have some sort of spyware that's accessing the internet every 30 seconds? Or does this sound like an Asus problem with either the mobo or wireless card?

Thanks,
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom