blaackoran

In Runtime
Ok well heres my story:
Athlon 3700+ sandy
ASrock Dual Sata2 939
G Skill 2gb ddr400 Platinum
500w PSU
etc.

So this is my first overclock ever...and after hearing that the asrock dual sata isnt the best for overclocking i decided to get it anyways because of the price (60$) and the functionality 8 channel sound...future cpu slot..agp and pcie. Anyway this is the easiest motherboard to overclock ever...all i had to do was up the Voltage core to the max the mobo would let me (1.4v) and leave all options on auto (including all ram options) except for the fsb. So as i started upping the fsb, the mobo did all of the ram stuff for me...So anyway ive got it at 250 fsb right now at 1.4v...and the mobo just made the ram hit 200 (before on 245fsb it was 190 etc).

So im at 2.75ghz right now on 1.4 volts...stock cooling with 32-33 degrees idle. I think i can push this baby quite a bit further as well...and i tried my memory out and it oced to 240 and posted.

I havent run any tests yet...what tests do you guys recommend? Also give me feedback as to what you think of my first overclock...and should i push it as far as it will go on 1.4v?

thanks in advance for posting.

thats a really nice overclock. make sure you prime test that before you up it anymore. if its not stable then just up the voltage some more.

btw dont expect people to reply to your post in 4 minutes.

lol sorry im just kinda jumpy....I was a little ancy at first... umm i cant really up the voltage any more... its mobo limited.. which is why people usually say this mobo is crap... but for 60$...i think it is doing a sensational job... especially for someone like me who doesnt want to mess with timings and such..

Should i read up on a guide somewhere for primetest or is it pretty straightforward?

hmm where would I be able to dload it? i googled it and am getting some weird websites...

EDIT: stupid me...i just realized primetest= prime95....

already downloaded it before... how should i run it? i have no clue how to use this thing.

ok im back... no errors for 25mins... so i tried to overclock it a bit more... stopped at 2.81ghz on 1.4volts... so i think im done there but it was alot easier then i thought.

How long should i run the torture test for now to make sure its fully stable?

Also how does a AIW x1900 compare in games to a 7900gt or maybe a 7600gt...i kinda like the fact that it has a tv connection.

ok will do, i just tested in CS:Source .... my fps is 52.5 ( max all settings 1280x1024) with the crappiest video card ever (Radeon 9550) definitely a huge improvement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom