Fresh computer build... Some problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are telling me the mobo battery stays charged for 6 straight years with no psu?

well the batteries are disposable not rechargeable, and yeah they do last a LONG time. they are not used most of the time because the motherboard is powered by the mains electricity. i think there is less drain on that battery than there is in an analogue watch and my watch batteries last up to about 2 years.

When does it beep? Has it ever beeped?

Now, if it doesnt beep then the problem lyes within the mobo, RAM, or CPU. Make sure you have both power plugs into the mobo, the RAM is fitted into the correct slots, and the CPU heatsink is on properly. When testing, only have the RAM, CPU, and power plugged into the mobo. Leave the video card out. We are just trying to get the mobo to give us a beep.

Also, why are you sending it back to ASUS? Why not send it back to where you bought it from? Maybe they'd get it to you faster.

nitestick said:
well the batteries are disposable not rechargeable, and yeah they do last a LONG time. they are not used most of the time because the motherboard is powered by the mains electricity. i think there is less drain on that battery than there is in an analogue watch and my watch batteries last up to about 2 years.
I am talking about the battery lasting with NO PSU...

That little battery is not going to last 6 years without no power...

AnthraX said:
When does it beep? Has it ever beeped?

Now, if it doesnt beep then the problem lyes within the mobo, RAM, or CPU. Make sure you have both power plugs into the mobo, the RAM is fitted into the correct slots, and the CPU heatsink is on properly. When testing, only have the RAM, CPU, and power plugged into the mobo. Leave the video card out. We are just trying to get the mobo to give us a beep.

Also, why are you sending it back to ASUS? Why not send it back to where you bought it from? Maybe they'd get it to you faster.
Newegg wont take returns with mobos... They wont give me an RMA number...

Under a manufactures warranty...

I think you guys are talking about the LIFE of the battery, I am talking about how long it lasts without a charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom