No sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarruda144

Beta member
Hi people, I'll get right into my delema. I just had xp reinstalled on my
pc, everything was just fine untill I tried to install a program I used with a video capture device, when a warning window came up and said
it was not compatible with xp do you want to continue anyway? because I had it on my pc before I said yes. BIG MISTAKE, my pc shutdown and when all was said and done I had those yellow warning
flags beside my dvd & cd drives in device manager and on something that I don't remember what in the system device section. Following all instructions in the help section I uninstslled the drivers, my sytem redetected them and re intsalled my cd & dvd but the one in system devices was not detected and therefore not installed. Needless to say I still have no sound, when i try to play a sound file a window opens and says no sound device installed, so I went and bought a new sound card to hopfully replace the original one, device manager says it,s working properly but still no sound I tried to set it as mydefault device but there was nothing in that section to set it said there is no audio device.
Hope you can help!
Joe Arruda

check your audio mixer settings. I have "fixed" many computers with that problem. Ended up that the wave section was muted.

VolumeMixer.bmp

it sounds stupid and maybe you have checked it, bujt its just troubleshooting.

Ok I tried it now, I get a window pop up that tells me "There are no mixer devices available to install mixer device go to control panel, click printers and other hardware then click add hardware." I tried that but I don't have anything in control panel that says printers and other hardware, I have one that says printers and faxes but that does not have anything tha says add hardware, so I tried add new hardware
but it doesn't detect anything. is there another way of installing this mixer? Could not having a mixer installed be the cause?

ok i have went looking for a post to fix this problem and have seen 3 other posts that have this same problem and i will be the 4th. does anyone know how to fix this or anyone know anything that may help fix it. if anyone knows anything please post back.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom