Computer built inside Nintendo NES case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero10951

Beta member
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,15973696 <<more detail

I will be adding pictures tonight, hopefully. Unfortunatly I am residing in a hotel (because i don't have a dialup account i can't take advantage of the phoneline in the room) so my only isp is this deep freezed computer in the hotel lobby with no ability to upload pictures, or the 23 page skills usa document, which shows elaborate engineering with pictures step by step and details the legal aspects of the project. What a shame I can not upload it now, but I will.

As for now, if you can picture it in your mind, thats pretty much how it looks like. All connections are in the back, plexiglass bottom of the case, added green led light beside reset switch and fabricated the original NES switches and red-power-led-light (which has been enginerred to operate as the HD-busy light)to work with the computer as well. Controler bay now has a fan in its place which is the only fan, operating extremly quiet at 6000rpm, more than enough to cool this computer. Inside is a 20gb laptop hidedrive with a special adaptar allowing it to connect to the desktop-style motherboard which is a VIA with a 1ghz processor, winxp professional installed, integrated 4mb agp graphics, (i could tell you how to easily fabricate the design inside to fit a geforce 4) there is 256mb of ram now, i think its upgradeable to 1gig. It does have a soundcard, although its integratted i have never had a problem with it. I always listen to winamp while playing q3. The case surpirssingly looks brand new, despite the system i built it out of was one of the first NES's front loading drives in 1985.

This thing has been babied, it is something I made and tweaked for months. I have to let it go to pay for a series of tickets which has kept coming back to haunt me since i was 18 and now i owe 743 dollars to the court of coppell, texas so i want to get at least 700 out of this jewl, considering i custom ordered the parts at the highest bid for $700, the system could have costed over 1,000 for the parts alone, less manufacturing. Anyways I will try to post more. This thing is really one of the biggest conversation starters wherever i take it, if its at my house, or at the gaming center down the street. Its extremly easy to transport - i dont think it weighs more than 10 pounds and i can balance it on my head (yes i'm weird) So yeah. I'll upload more stuff later tonight hopefully. If you have a specific question, you can send an sms to 4693281719 and i will respond right then. Otherwise, I am hard to reach over the internet at this current time.

First of all if you want to sell it we have a sale forums. Second of all youll need some pictures pretty quick. Third nobody in there right mind would pay 700 for a slow computer in an NES case. For 1000 i can build almost a top of the line computer soo yea, lies. Ill make more judgement on it w/ some pictures.

miguire, hes a member of the mini-itx modder comunity, they are a different breed, just because it uses a 1ghz nehima cpu and 4mb video dosent matter, its the fact that theres a modern computer in a NES carcass, dont try to understand it. im working on doing the same thing to my dead ps2, its fun to mod them like that, but you only do it to dead stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom