help im confused with this raid business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kundi13

Baseband Member
ive built a pc. |
spec : pswd2 premium mobo
1gb ram
pentium 4 socket 775. 3.2 ghz
gforce t6600 turbo cache 256 mb lolz.
250gb sata hard drive.

PROBLEM: im kind of new to this raid business so please correct me if im installing xp wrong... i inserted the bootable xp sp2 disc in the cd-rom and it was loading all the files and when it was just about to start up after copying all the files the blue screen error appeared with this code (see below)...

STOP 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0XF78360BF, 0xF7C82208, 0xF7C81F08)

i may have done it completly wrong so can anyone help me install windows xp service pack 2 on that hard drive??? :mad:

Is it a RAID hdd (2 or more combined into a single one?) If so, you need the RAID drivers, you press F6 when XP is inspecting your hardware.

If your motherboard doesn't support SATA drives, it will need the drivers, do the same and select sata drivers.

yes the motherboard supports sata drivers. it has 5 sata inputs. 2 x red master , 2 x black slave and 1x silicon image (which i have no idea what that is...)

the hard drive is a sata 250gb hard drive supports a sata cable not a IDE cable. so when i press F6 when windows xp is copying the files to the hard drive...what shall i do after that????

I meant by that, does the motherboard naturally support it (Nvidia Nforce 4 for example) or does it require drivers (like VIA chipsets.)

You do not need anything to do with RAID as it is a single drive.

if you need to install drivers than you need to put the drivers ona bootable floppy disk, and when XP is inspecting hardware (not installing crap) then you press F6.

The drivers will be on the motherboard CD, so copy them onto a bootable floppy.

hmmm im not really sure mate. i just wont xp on the hard drive so i can do my uni work...!!! lolz.

and by the way ive also got a 120gb hard drive that supports IDE CABLE (NOT SATA or RAID or whateva that u call them). that hard drive has xp and some data on it how can i connect that to the motherboard and will i need to set it as a master or slave??

right ive copied this driver(link below) to a floppy and when i press f6 before the installation of xp i place the floppy in and when i press enter to confirm that the floppy is in the floppy drive xp finds nothing and still asks me to input a floppy in the floppy drive...please anyone out there....im confused.... also ive connected the 250gb sata hard drive to sata 1 on the motherboard. please help.!!!!

http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket775/P5WD2 Premium/MakeDisk32bit.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom