Final check before buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

small256

In Runtime
I've posted a lot recently and some of you are probably getting bit sick of me, but i'll try not to clutter the forums so much anymore...

So with everybody's expert opinions and a lot of time and effort (not to mention a tight budget) i've hopefully come up with a final list of pieces... Please tell me what you think

Here goes

AMD Opteron 165
DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra D
PNY GeForce 7900gt
1gb (2x 512mb) Crucial Ballistix RAM
Jeantech Phong midi tower case
Antec TrueControl 550w PSU

I already have a HD (hence the reason ther isn't one listed above) but will be replacing it when I have the money and enthusiasm...

All for £658.42 (not including p&p)
If anyone knows of alternative bits for cheaper without compromising quality, please let me know, please...

Where are you buying them from? I'm from UK as well and would very much like to know.

Various places and so P&P will probably be about £20
I've just done laods of searches and found the cheapest possible... the case was the hardest to find for some reason.
I'll send the links if you want?

Aye it might. Doesn't help me much though... Can't afford £700 so it's time to start again.... sorry folks.

****, and there I am winging that I'm not too happy about spending £1200, but can still afford it :/. Unlucky mate. Ahh well, take comfort in the fact that I'll be spending soo much more, yet in a couple years time, they'll both be worth the same amount (zilch) :p.

I wish I had tht much... but if you have that much to spend, there are afr better things you could buy. I wouldn't get the Opty 165 for starters... and the RAM could be a tad better

It's 2GB corsaire ram, how can it be better at that price? I'm thinking about saving myself a couple hundred right now and sticking with what I wrote down. And then in a couple months when I get some more cash I'll get some more Ram and a better CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom