Shuttle XPC G58300 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcofontecha

Beta member
Please can some one help me, Shuttle customer services is really bad .. I bought a Shuttle XPC G58300 from Shuttle's webiste .. I've been using it okay until now. First here are my specs:

Model: Shuttle XPC G5-8300 (Media Center Edition)
Chip: Intel i915 P/G 3.4 GHZ (HT)
Ram: 2 GB of Patriot Signature Line (model: PSD2G400K)
HD: Western Digital 250 GB SATA
Video: EVGA - Gforce 660 256 MB
Operating System: Windows Media Center 2005

The problem started almost a week ago ... I was using my computer when suddenly it freezed .. then I restarted it and it just sits there no boot .. the only thing I can here is the Fan working but nothing on the screen or no HD light .. so I waited and waited and tried again.. it worked .. few hours into playing F.E.A.R. it freezed again .. now I reboot it and got the same responsed ... I do not know whats happening .. the only concern is that two weeks before the problem I had upgraded the memory, before having the Patriot one I had 512 MB (with heat dispenser) of a non brand memory that came with my computer. So know I have no idea if it is caused by the Ram I installed .. the funny thing is that I called Patriot, they told me to download Memtest86 and to run it .. (when ever my computer wanted it) so I did and got non errors .. I ran the program with only one stick, two sticks, switching them and all combination possible.. I have given up and stop running more test because I'm afraid of damaging my system .. oh I also upgraded the BIOS and I'm still having the same problem but with an increse in frequency (happing more and more offeten)

Can any one tell me what could be happing or what to do .. is my computer all mess up? is it the memory? CPU? motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you a lot for your advice ... but what is a PSU? Oh and the problem starts before the BIOS is even starts so I do not think it is a problem with Windows ...

Thank you a lot for your help

PSU= power supply, try using another one if possible. So your saying you cant boot up your windows xp cd? If so then make sure "everything" is connected properly in your case.

Thanks you Steve, I do not have another PSU so I guess I can't do it. Besides I don't thing it is a windows problem, the computer has problem before it gets to load even the BIOS information.

Yesterday I switch it to its old memory and didn't work either so I'm having by doubts that I'll ever fix my computer. Only thing is that I do not know anyone that works with Small Factor Computers

Thanks for everything

You cant even boot up the windows cd to reformat?
If not then just get another hard drive and switch with your old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom