Windows SP2. Informal Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpatters69

Baseband Member
Hello Folks,

I am having a graphical problem with a notebook which I cannot resolve. "Luckily" the notebook is a Dell. Dell has a quick and easy restore function which re-sets the pc to factory settings. I lose all my data and appliactions but I don't have anything on the PC that is important.

Now for the question. The PC is a couple of years old (or older) and it was shipped with SP1. Should I upgrade to SP2? Reason I ask is I don't want to install anything that is not absolutely necessary. For all I know, SP2 might be what is causing my problem.

Thanks, Bill

I run xp pro, and upgraded to PS2 1 time for about 2 minutes. My machine had problems with sp2... not to say that yours will or does, but I don't like sp2 at all.

What is actually wrong with your graphics?

Thank you for the replies.

Warez,

I do have SP2 on the PC now but when I restore to original factory spec, the OS will revert to SP1. I might not have explained that very well.

Bradybnmci,

I use the PC to play World of Warcraft. When I play the game, the frames per second drop to 20 or less and the game play is very choppy. My character looks like Max headroom when I move around. I also have the game on an older desktop PC and the game runs great. The notebook has a faster processor than the desktop but the desktop has a high end video card. I would blame the video card in the notebook but the game used to run fine. I have run every Spyware, Virus, Spam, etc program and nothing helps.

What kind of problems did you have with SP@?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom