Fresh computer build... Some problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have the cable upside down that will cause them not to open, He said if he unplugg's the IDE cable they will open. The first thing you need to do is reset the cmos, and remove the battery. Check your manual to find the jumper pin. Unplug both drive's and try it. Also you are using a sata hard drive you will need to install the sata drivers, before you can install windows.

If reseting the cmos does nothing and you don't have another video card to try, do you have another computer to try the x1900 in?? Do you have the pci express connector plugged into the card? The Mobo is probably toast!

FlashDude said:
If you have the cable upside down that will cause them not to open, He said if he unplugg's the IDE cable they will open. The first thing you need to do is reset the cmos, and remove the battery. Check your manual to find the jumper pin. Unplug both drive's and try it. Also you are using a sata hard drive you will need to install the sata drivers, before you can install windows.

If reseting the cmos does nothing and you don't have another video card to try, do you have another computer to try the x1900 in?? Do you have the pci express connector plugged into the card? The Mobo is probably toast!

The computer sat all day with no power, so the CMOS would be reset, but no go...

And nope, have no computer that the 1900 fits in...

CPI express? Which one is that?

I have the skinny bar and the long bar plugged into the HD, along with the power wire...

lol..you should only have that short bar w/ the orange wire plugged in if its SATA.. and the power cable..

not sure how you were able to plug in a long bar into the HD if its SATA...

On the HD there is a short bar and a long bar plug on it... Short bar plugs into the mobo... (red flat cable, black ends) the long one comes dirrectly from the PSU... And the normal power cable goes into the HD as well... (the 4 pin power cable)

I talked with an ASUS rep (email) and he gave me a troubleshoot list... The most simple one was to take out the RAM entirely, in hoped the mobo responds with bios beeps... Took out the RAM and got no beeping once so ever... Now, what does that tell you?

I am going ahead and sending it back to ASUS... I took the mobo out of the case and put it on a cardboard box (to avoid any possibility it was touching metal) and plugged in everything but the HD, in hopes for some bios beeps from the mobo... Got nothing... So that eliminates the possibility of touching anything... And I got no beeps for missing RAM or missing HD... I think the mobo is fried... I have to send out my board to ASUS, and they will send me one back... It's supposably going to take a while, damnit... :(

Anything else I can try before I ship it out? Or is it fried?

Spi1lz said:
The computer sat all day with no power, so the CMOS would be reset, but no go...

No no no,, It makes no difference if there is no power to the motherboard the cmos gets it standby power from the battery on the motherboard, You should have reset the cmos before sending it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom