The Ultimate DREAM COMPUTER CHALLANGE GAME. BUILD AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cyrax said:
I wouldn't make anything too extreme, but I'd at least have a FX-60, 1900XTX in Crossfire, 1TB of hard drive space, 1GW of power, four DVD writers, Antec P180 case, water cooled, 30" LCD screen, the most expensive Logitech speakers I could get, X-Fi Fatality.

:)

thats not extreme, thats insane, lol

sounds like a nice one

nitestick said:
at least choose a possible configuration. the FX-60 does not have multi-processor support and there are no dual s939 motherboards.

personally i would look at something with extreme power for number crunching and encoding

4xOpteron 280's
4gb+Ram
Dual 600w psu's
One huge freaking raid array
all in a server chassis.

thats a smart one, would you need 4 mobos for each cpu?

"1GW of power"

wow how many power supplies do you want? perhaps you mean 1kw?

anyway i can't see why people are so obsessed with hugely expensive gaming rigs. i'd rather spend the money on overall power. so the opteron 280 if memory serves is a 2.4ghz dual core. mmmmm 8 2.4ghz cores, i'm in heaven :D. don't know what server boards are like for overclocking or if it is even possible but i would push for say 2.8ghz and rule the world. some server motherboards i believe have pci-e x16 slots but i would settle for one with AGP and just get say one of the gainward 7800gs's with the gt core. but if i could find one with x16 slots obviously i would throw in a 7900gtx/x1900xtx just to complete the rig.

This thread is pointless. Does the thread starter sincerely believe that people will throw away their old pc and make an entirely new one for bragging rights on a thread?

stainer711 said:
This thread is pointless. Does the thread starter sincerely believe that people will throw away their old pc and make an entirely new one for bragging rights on a thread?

its just for fun bro, take off your thongs and put on some boxers then just relax.

:p

nice!!!

case.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom