AMD ATHLON XP 2500

Status
Not open for further replies.

cell567

In Runtime
AMD ATHLON XP 2500+ 512K 333FSB VS AMD MOBILE ATHLON XP-M 2500+ 1.86GHz 266FSB BARTON

I heard that the mobile processor is a better over clocker...so wut shuld i get? Current specs are ont his link:D http://www.ncix.com/pcbuilder/index.php?action=getprice&id=1420331&platformid=1000 the config is with...a normal 2500+ but shuld i get the mobile one? The heatsink in the config is just representing a thermatalike silent boost heatsink SOCKETA ...which is GREAT! Also..pros,cons,and suggestions are welcome in regarding my...confi9g are GREATLY appreciated!

Please don't crowd the "Subject" heading in the post with evething you had listed. This takes to much space and makes the thread look messy. Thanks====MicroBell

mobiles are designed to run cooler which allows more overclock headroom if heat is the limiting factor. They are also sometimes shipped with the multipliers unlocked which is very uncommon nowadays. that allows more flexibility for overclocking. Check your mobo manual or website for possible compatibility issues.

my best suggestion to you is to buy your stuff on newegg.com instead of that other place and spend the money you save on an xp3200+ !!

have fun!

Grok - I think Cell is in Canada, so no newegg. :(

Cell - i do agree with Grok. I think the mobile versions run cooler. I'm not sure about the locked multiplier. I was fortunate enough to purchase my processor about 6 months ago and it is not locked. As a matter of fact i just got done overclocking my 2500+ to a 3200+. :) :) Makes yopu feel good when things go your way.:D

I dont think the price of the mobile version will justify how much cooler it is. Just the regular 2500+ is a great processor with the ability to reach 3200+ speeds with the right amount of cooling, and its only 80 bucks :)

The mobile processor gives you more battery time, assuming its being used as intended: in a laptop. If you aren't going to be looking at spreadsheets for 2 hours (jeez, buy a Dell!), just buy+overclock the regular 2500+. Get a nice case fan, though!

I have a mobile amd 2500+ just put it together over the weekend and it is running at 225/11.5 at 1.75vcore with temps at 43-48c with regular air cooling on dfi unlta infinty board in desktop. In my opinion it is worth the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom