Computer school loan question

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
Hi, I was wondering if I could ask all you cert guys/gals a question. I was thinking on going back to school to get my A+, NETWORK+, Linux+ and MCP, other certs at a later time.

The question I have for you is in regards to a loan. I was planning on taking out a loan of $13,000. I wouldn't have to start paying back the loan until may 2008. If I'm able to get a job as soon as I get out of school I could make payments sooner. I know the economy is tough in this industry now but if have to wait until 2008 to make the payments of $160 a month the finance charge will come out to be $16,000 final total of loan would be $29,000.

Does that sound reasonable to you or absurd as it does to me. All opinions are appreciated.

Explain why you will need $13,000 when you will spend no more than $800 to take the tests and perhaps $1,200 after you buy the books. Why on earth are you spending so much money on these certs.

Each test is around $140, with the expection of perhaps the N+ or am I completly wrong please fill me in.

you go to school for an associates degree or bach. and then get the certs...that would cost that much

I was thinking on going back to school to get my A+, NETWORK+, Linux+ and MCP
Going to school for this? Unless I am not understanding it's best to stay at home buy a book and take the tests yourself and get certified. But yeah Bach degrees need school of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom